“The way in which students learn is constantly changing. To continue to provide the best education for our students we need to continually adapt and change”.
Student access to a networked computer 24/7 has fundamentally changed the way our students learn. There is little doubt that new and emerging technologies will shape the future in which our students will live. To ensure that students are fully prepared for life after school, the use of technology is integrated into all aspects of their learning.
1:1 Computing Principles
- All students are required to bring a personal computing device to school every day.
- Students be permitted to utilise any laptop/ultrabook/netbook capable of running windows 8.1 or higher or OSX 10.9 with a screen size between 10.1” – 15.6” purchased from any supplier
- SGSC recommends Edunet and Leading with Technologies (LWT) as suppliers of student netbooks/laptops. They are the only suppliers authorised to service student computers on the SGSC campus.
- Tablet only devices (i.e. iPad, Galaxy TAB) are not permitted.
- 1 device per student only
- If you are bringing your personal Laptop or Netbook, it need to be under warranty and Hard drive size should be more than 100GB.
- SGSC will provide limited support only to assist with students connecting to the college network. No other technical support is possible at the college.
- Students are responsible for own technical support/ warranty/ insurance.
- SGSC will not be held responsible for any damage done to a student’s personal device. Families are strongly recommended to obtain full insurance for any device.
- All use of technology by SGSC students is governed by the college’s acceptable usage policy.
For further Information contact:
Learning Coordinator – Nic Ryan on 5682 2066 or